The list of completed researches
● Numerical-empirical-based function for the assessment of the stiffness distribution on automotive body panels
● Development of Oil canning prediction method
● Development of analysis techniques to improve the cross-section dimension of the shape rolling
Slip line model for forces estimation in the radial-axial ring rolling process
Research target: Slip line network construction algorithm development.
1) Numerical model implementation for ring rolling forming force estimation
2) Validation experiments for forging numerical model
Lifetime prediction of linear slide rails based on surface abrasion
and rolling contact fatigue-induced damage
Research target: Prediction lifetime of slide rails;
Calculation of the amount of wear on the slide rail contacts.
1) Rolling contact fatigue lifetime estimation considering damage model
2) Wear experiment using real slide rails
Numerical-empirical-based function for the assessment of the
stiffness distribution on automotive body panels
Research target: Prediction of weak point of stiffness through calculation of curvature.
1) Development of stiffness index model for oil canning on automotive body panels
2) Indentation experiments and verification with the numerical model
3) SI prediction simulator development
Development of Oil canning prediction method
Research target: Prediction Oil canning by FEA and impact of each variables.
1) Sensitivity analysis on the factors that occurs oil canning
2) Stamping and springback analyses using LS-DYNA
3) Prediction of Oil Canning Damage Value (OCDV) on a dryer frame
Development of analysis techniques to improve the cross-section
dimension of the shape rolling
Research target: Develop and modify the shape rolling simulator.
1) Development of GUI for the rolling process design
2) Reduction of the computational cost by developing Simplified Material Mesh System (SMMS)
3) Development of mesh modelling and remesh modules
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sogang University, Seoul, Korea.
Copyright 2015 NSMLAB. All right reserved.