The list of on-going researches
Preform design using artificial intelligence (AI)
Research target: Predict a preform design for increase of lifetime of the forging die and removal of defects of the product
1) Preform prediction as design variables
2) Preform prediction as design object
3) Development of the smoothing algorithm for estimated preform
Design and evaluation of structural optimization
Research target: Design and evaluation of structural optimization based on lightweight and rotation constrains of vehicle seat frame used thermoplastic polymer material with inclusion of composite or metal rib insert
1) Structural optimization based on mechanical properties of vehicle seat frame with asymmetry loading and rotation constraints
2) Design and evaluation of vehicle seat frame used thermoplastic polymer material with inclusion of composite or metal rib insert.
Anisotropic composites reliability assessment
Research target: Yield and cyclic material properties characterization for development of radiation shielding materials for nuclear decommissioning
1) Nano metal particles-Elastomer mateiral's anisotropic mechanical properties verify
2) Development of anisotropy fatigue lifetime estimation model and verify
Development of laminate structure composites
Research target: Metal-composite multilayer technology development for lightweight vehicles manufacturing
1) Optimization of the manufacturing process and the mechanical properties of metal skins (MS) and fiber reinforced polymer core (FRPC) structures
2) Definition of failure and fatigue criteria for the prediction of the static and cyclic failure of MS-FRPC structures
3) Definition of material-process-component processing maps for the tailoring of the material properties of the MS-FRPC structures based on the component requirements
Recycled carbon fiber cross member design
Research target: Development of an automotive engine cradle system by means of recycled and environmental-friendly carbon fiber reinforced material
1) Investigation of the static and cyclic mechanical properties of thermoplastic polymers
2) Definition of fatigue life criteria considering stress triaxiality and stress concentration
3) Definition of the joining strength between metal and thermoplastic polymers
4) Investigation of the fiber orientation in injection molded components and the relevant influence on the mechanical properties.
Lifetime Prediction of the hot forging die
Research target: Lifetime prediction of the hot piston forging die
1) Development of lifetime prediction model based on the fatigue life tests and finite element analyses
2) Prediction of the fracture of the workpiece material using continuum damage mechanics model
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sogang University, Seoul, Korea.
Copyright 2015 NSMLAB. All right reserved.